Senior Social Media Manager
Remote / US (Chicago, LA)
At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from almost anywhere. We’re a global fully distributed company.
💰Get all good stuff. Competitive salaries, Equity, Health insurance, 401(K), and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company!
About the role:
As a Senior Social Media Manager, you will lead all of Cameo’s global social media efforts. Working to create best-in-class strategies, breakthrough creative content, and leveraging both established and emerging platforms, you will direct social media initiatives that engage new and existing Cameo customers and talent in ways that ultimately drive growth for the business. You’ll raise the bar for everything social at Cameo!
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the development of social media strategy and its associated budget across campaigns and channels.
- Build and direct a small team of social producers and community managers to develop our social audiences and shape our channel specific strategies.
- Plan, execute, and measure innovative social media initiatives that significantly connect with our customers and talent, maximizing engagement and earned social media conversations.
- Launch, grow, and manage channels ensuring KPIs are set and met.
- Identify, through both qualitative and quantitative metrics, high potential communities for Cameo to invest in.
- Build strategic partnerships with influencers, meme accounts, and brands to help accelerate social growth and penetrate specific communities.
- Run content seeding initiatives and optimize them based on performance-driven metrics.
- Increase word-of-mouth and improve perception of Cameo among key communities.
- Shape Cameo’s personality across our digital properties.
- Create new and engaging ways to distribute Cameo’s content as both an awareness and growth levers.
- Manage daily social communication, consumer listen and response, sentiment analysis and enquiries.
- Seek out strategic partnership opportunities with Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, etc. to deliver the business goals.
- Report on campaigns based on analysis to ensure the most effective approach.
- Constantly on the lookout for opportunities to leverage what’s new and trending on social platforms.
- Be the main internal evangelist for social media best practices, consistently educating our Talent, Marketing, Product, and C-level executives on how to best leverage social media to drive the business forward.
What you bring to the table:
- 5 - 7+ years of experience leading social teams for a consumer-facing brand.
- Proven track record of significantly growing audiences on social media with limited marketing budget.
- Experience with multi-channel communications planning, using data to identify insights and build strategies for social content.
- Advanced knowledge of social media best practices.
- Knowledge of content discovery mechanisms (algorithms) and optimization levers within a digital media platform.
- Experience creating relationships across a growing and evolving organization with complex decision influences.
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.