Our mission is to create the most personalized and authentic fan experiences in the world. We're a marketplace where fans can book personalized video shoutouts from their favorite people. We've helped create over 300,000 moments for our customers and built a marketplace for over 20,000 talent to connect with their biggest fans. We’re breaking down the exclusivity myth of celebrity by building personal relationships between fans and talent.
Cameo is one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For and also recognized on TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies list. We are a global company, headquartered in Chicago, IL in the Fulton Market neighborhood and HQ2 in Venice, CA.
We recently closed our Series B round led by Kleiner Perkins who has backed other tech giants including Google, Spotify, and Amazon. Join our team and be able to experience a rocketship from its early days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and help shape the direction of the next great tech company.
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values profile
What you will do:
- Design, build and improve APIs, services, and systems across Cameo’s engineering teams
- Help scale our backend architecture and migrate to a service-oriented future
- Ensure standards for engineering excellence, scalability, reliability, and reusability
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Mentor junior engineers and build new engineering leaders for the organization
A few things about yourself:
- You take pride in your work
- You have a strong product sense
- You enjoy working with fun people
- You are a doer who is comfortable with ambiguity
Things we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience building scalable, resilient backend systems
- Proficiency in concepts related to data modeling, data storage (SQL, NoSQL), data streaming (Kafka, Kinesis), and caching (Redis)
- Enjoy, and have experience building, efficient, typesafe and documented APIs (gRPC, Thrift, GraphQL, Swagger, JSON:API)
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- You are able to take complex product goals and efficiently deliver working software in logically consumable pieces and on schedule
- Possess excellent practical judgement. You should know how to effectively allocate your time when solving hard problems
Bonus points if you have experience or are eager to learn about:
- AWS ecosystem- Redshift, SQS, Kinesis, API Gateway, and Lambda
- Test- or Behavior-Driven Development (TDD, BDD) practices
- Event-driven architecture
- Scaling microservices
- Information security standards & methodologies
- Container (Docker) and container orchestration experience (Mesos, Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform, Cloudformation, Ansible)
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.