At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from almost anywhere. We’re a distributed company with a strong presence in California and Chicago. But as long as you’ve got WiFi, let’s chat.
💰 Get all good stuff. Competitive salaries, Equity, Health insurance, 401(K), and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company!
About The Role
We’re looking for a Head of Design to lead our design teams, including UI/UX research, interaction and visual design. You will expand and perfect our in-house design process, make our product understandable and actionable, mentor and grow a talented team of product designers, and drive visual and UX design, content strategy and user research across the company in the pursuit of consistent and high quality experiences. We’re growing quickly, and we think this is a dream job for a world class design leader.
What You’ll Do
- Firmly establish design as one of Cameo’s core competencies. Cultivate a culture of innovation that welcomes new ideas.
- Build a world class team, composed of diverse backgrounds and skillsets. Sharpen their craft and deepen their impact, set clear goals, manage project loads, and ensure high-quality deliverables. Empower growth and support design decisions across the board.
- Establish several Golden Processes and high output internal programs, such as better dogfooding, design reviews, user research and concepting processes. As experiences move from requirements to design to execution, we will look to you to ensure our designs meet brand expectations while driving business results.
- Provide leadership to align Cameo's product, brand, and marketing efforts into one consistent look, feel, and message.
- Bring scientific rigor to design, UX, and quality at Cameo. We can't measure everything, but you have been a leader in illustrating to the team how relentless focus on the user experience leads to measurable value for our users and Cameo.
- Update our tools, processes, and design system to demonstrably make each designer on the team more productive. You’ll ensure the team’s workflows are allowing them to deliver their best work and are set up to scale.
- Obsess over the customer and inject user feedback into Cameo's veins daily. You’ll evangelize user-focused design across the organization in stakeholder meetings and ensure we’re building an experience our users love across platforms.
Things We Hope You’ll Bring To The Table
- You are a world class product designer with deep experience managing high-performing and creative staff and working collaboratively across engineering, product management and user research teams.
- You’re constantly thinking about the underlying strategies driving product and design decisions at tech companies
- You have deep experience working on end-user facing products and experiences
- You have a passion to be the voice of design with visibility across our entire organization
- You've demonstrated design leadership experience across the entire product lifecycle, managing multiple concurrent projects and budgets
- You have excellent communication skills and ability to clearly explain design decisions
- You can balance a number of different inputs and priorities, turning them into a cohesive plan
- You have experience designing processes that help the team be more efficient and create more delightful outcomes
- You have a bias for action and are comfortable with uncertainty
- You’ve worked in a Series A or Series B startup and understand what it’s like to scale quickly
- You read Stratechery
All salary ranges are dependent on individual experience and expectations. Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity