At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from almost anywhere. We’re a global fully distributed company.
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company!
About the role:
As a Senior Copywriter & Creative Strategist, you will be joining our in-house creative team to implement a clear, concise, and compelling brand messaging strategy across all customer and talent touch points, from paid ads, social media channels, email, and product. You will partner with our in-house team of designers and our outside agency to consistently ensure our brand sounds and feels full of Cameo personality.
The ideal candidate enjoys jumping on new opportunities, is celebrity obsessed, and works fast and flexibly to get the job done. Cameo is a fast-paced work environment, so attentiveness and the ability to handle multiple projects with ease are a requirement as well as great work ethic. An online portfolio is required.
We think this is a dream job for an extremely creative, goal-oriented designer and could not be more excited to work together!
A few things about yourself:
- Collaborate with creative team members to determine the conceptual and copy direction of Cameo’s branding, marketing, and advertising initiatives.
- Brainstorms, concept, collaborate, comp, and present innovative creative marketing and advertising work that elevates the brand while netting measurable results.
- Work with in-house creative team and outside agency to create marketing assets for all customer and talent touchpoints, including digital marketing (email, web banners, digital experiences, social assets, etc.), product messaging (in-app modules, push notifications, product feature copy, etc.), internal communication, etc.
- Develop a robust copywriting process that allows for maximum alignment.
- Translate creative direction and copy points from creative briefs into engaging and effective copy concepts.
- Be a steward of and maintain the Cameo brand across all channels.
- Must be a team player, able to work within budgets and tight deadlines on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative evolution – stay up to date with branding and advertising in all mediums.
- Maintain consistent creative quality while applying brand guidelines.
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in an advertising or in-house creative role.
- Experience with consumer product brands is preferred.
- Experience in digital marketing/advertising.
- Mastery of written communication, both short- and long-form.
- Proven creative ability.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to solve problems, even when they are not fully defined.
- Ability to present and sell creative ideas.
- A solid understanding of marketing and advertising principles.
- An exceptional copywriting portfolio website.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- An understanding of the pop culture and entertainment latest trends and their role within a commercial environment.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to actively contribute to strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution.
Please include any links to your portfolio in your cover letter and/or resume.
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.